Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pure Terror for my children!

I don't know that I have ever seen my children so scared. I never knew Carl could scream at the decibels he screamed.

Rebecca and Carl were outside playing in the yard and I could see them and hear them from the living room window. After probably an hour I hear Rebecca yelling for Carl to get in the house. She was yelling with a sternness in her voice and I figured Carl must have just did something goofy that she didn't like and was about to come tell on him. Then he begins to scream and I mean scream, and as they are entering the house you hear this terrified screaming and Rebecca yelling Mama, Mama, Mama repeatedly with fear in her voice. So I knew something was very wrong. I was up on my feet and met them in the dining room and my first thought as I see Carl with a stick and screaming hysterically, is he must have impaled himself with the stick. So I have begun the process of trying to look and see where the injury was and calm him. Then Rebecca says hysterically, there is a huge dog in the yard. So then you think it surely bit Carl. So I am looking and they are both totally hysterical and say it's trying to kill Shorty,(our Dog). I yelled for JJ, who by now is up and out the door with a broom in hand and hit the big Lab Type dog across the back. The dog turns and growls at JJ, so JJ comes running back in the house after his shot gun. The Dog was hovering over Shorty, ready to jump at any moment. Once JJ hit the dog and went for the gun it decided to slowly casually walk out of the yard.

When I think of what could have happened to my children, my body shivers. Shorty our dog is fine as well. I do not like the fact that dog came in our yard with them outside playing. It could have been a terrible situation. I thank God for keeping them all safe.

Poor Carl, he was screaming so bad. Rebecca was crying but not at the same time, but she too was hysterical. I had to yell twice for them to calm down before they ever snapped out of it. It really, really scared them bad. Carl kept saying, he tried to eat my buddy. I doubt I will get them to play outside anytime soon.

One thing that scared Rebecca so bad for Carl, is he had been walking toward Shorty when the other dog walked in from the other direction. Rebecca yelled for Carl to hurry and come in the house, which is what I originally heard in the first place. I told her she did the right thing by coming right in and making Carl come too. I gave her and Carl lots of big hugs! Carl asked can we play in the house now? I of course said sure. When they go back out we will be sure someone is in the yard too. Even though they were right there, I just don't trust it now.

2 comments:

joangirl13 said...

That is terrible! Poor kids , no wonder they were hysterical. That dog should not be running around loose! It will be a long time before they will feel safe outside again. I am so glad that no one was injured. Bet the dog was scared too! So happy that all is well!!!!

Pam said...

I dunno why that dog was loose. If we see it today I will call pound on it. Kids are fine today. That's the main thing, all is well. :)

Current Time

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...